- Best taken with a meal, preferably with breakfast
- Simply mix with your child's favourite cool, non-acidic foods or drinks – try sprinkling the powder over cereal, mixing it with yogurt, or dissolve in water or milk.
- Can be taken with formula milk - simply add to the bottle once it has cooled down to room temperature (as heat reduces the viability of natural bacteria).
- For breastfed babies, powder can be applied to nipple or clean finger for baby to suckle.
- Give 1 sachet daily.
- If desired or professionally directed, can be increased to 2 sachets a day
Looking for a delicious alternative for children aged 3 years+? Try our new friendly bacteria fruit gummies for kids.
Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
All questions answered by Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
What are children’s friendly bacteria?
Live cultures for children are dietary supplements specially designed for use by infants and children. Certain species and strains of bacteria are more commonly found in a child’s gut, such as strains of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli. High-quality kids’ supplements will contain live cultures which have been clinically researched in children and are particularly suitable for a child’s developing digestive system. Optibac Babies & Children contains strains of Bifidobacteria and Lactobacilli which have been researched in children, such as Bifidobacterium breve M-16V ® and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG.
How do I choose the best friendly bacteria supplement for my child?
When choosing a friendly bacteria supplement for your child, you need to feel confident that it’s safe, well-researched, and contains bacteria which are suitable for your child's needs. It's best to choose a supplement which has been specifically researched and designed for kids. Optibac Babies & Children is a high-quality live cultures supplement. Collectively these 3 strains have been clinically tested in thousands of babies and children1,2,3,4,5.
When is the best time of day to give Optibac Babies & Children?
If possible it is best to give Optibac Babies & Children in the morning with the first meal of the day. This is when stomach acidity is at its most neutral, ensuring that the live cultures pass safely through the harsh stomach environment. Giving the supplement with food also helps to buffer stomach acid and helps to assist the transit of the bacteria through the stomach and into the gut.